Sunday, December 4, 2011

We Talk, We Eat and We Laugh

Weissbrau German Bistro & Bar @ Straits Quay


Since few months ago we've been talking about a dinner catch up before Hui Teng's relocating to Australia, my departure to London and Karen's home coming holiday. All of us are so difficult to fix a time because we were working in different countries. Although we managed to make it this time (by hook or crook) but one of our friend was tie up with account's closing period, so she was not able to turn up this round.

Two pretty ladies arrived before me because I was slightly late on that night, so I met them at the Straits Quay Lobby and did some recap talk of Friday's traffic :) Surprisingly it wasn't that bad. The venue is actually planned by me so I brought them to Weissbrau German Bistro & Bar to try out their famous European favorites. This is my second visit, my first visit was with my Singapore's friend Melissa on last month. She heard they make very nice pork knuckle so she wanted to try it out. And yes it was a good one.

The air was pretty stuffy on Friday, so we took an indoor table instead of outdoor. After the menu was served, browsing through and Karen inquiries the waitress for their recommendations. In the end, we ordered Country Style Rosemary Pork Ribs & Neck x Butcher's Platter. Not forget, we can pick 2 side orders to go with our main course meal. So we picked Rosti x Spatzli x Garlic Mash Potato & Market Vegetables.

Order was placed so three of us started to do our chatting and photo taking. We talk about our upcoming plans, my preparation to London in terms of winter equipments, school and accommodation, Karen's homesick issue and also how heavy hearted Hui Teng is to leave her hometown. She's engaged and her fiance is living in Australia so she's making a big sacrifices to move over to Australia. However, I am very very happy for her because she's going to start a new journey with her loved one, I know it's going to be tough at the beginning but I know she would be fine afterall. You will always have us spiritually. All the best to you, Mrs Tan :)

We waited about 20 mins, foods are finally served and yes - BIG portion! The 3 ladies were so enjoyable munching our western favorites.

Country Style Rosemary Pork Ribs & Neck
Butcher's Platter
Interior - from where I was seated


Hui Ting x Karen


me x Hui Ting

Three of Us

Karen x me


Christmas Tree @ Straits Quay


Moi
                                     
After the sinful dinner, we carry on with more chats. Initially we plan to have drinks at somewhere else but the ambiance was delightful so we ended up for 4 hours at Weissbrau. The night was really fun and I am so grateful to have them in my life. Our friendship has lasts for so long ever since secondary school. And now, we are still keeping in touch.  Even when we don't get to see each other often, you gals are always, always in my heart. 

xoxo, good night


No comments:

Post a Comment