Monday, January 2, 2012

When In London






Hello everyone!! This is a hello from miles away and yes I have finally settled down in London. The house that I am staying in, is located at Tottenham Hale, only 20 minutes tube to Oxford Circus (near to my school).

The house I live in,  I call it an IKEA home because most of the furnitures x kitchen wares are from IKEA. It is a nice house with friendly housemates. Only 3 rooms are taken included mine. I have 3 housemates - they are a pair of couple from Italy whom I had met on my first day. Another gentlemen from Dutch and guess what?? He is super duper handsome (perhaps he's holding a book :P ). Arghhh... misleading huh. Anyway, he was on vacation and just return home so I have never met him until an hour ago when he came knock on my door for self-introduction. I hope I am cool enough when I was talking to him even with my Minnie Mouse hairband.... LOL (so embarrasing)

So.. what have I done in London and how's the New Year celebration? Hmmm... it was an amazing night at my friend's apartment. I met some new friends from Malaysia and most importantly, I had home-cooked dinner (RICE)! Thanks to Ellis for her hospitality and her warmth caring towards a new friend (me). Talk about the last day of 2011 yet my first day in London, I arrived at Heathrow Airport in an early morning. I wandered around because hotel check-in is at 3pm (in the end I manage to check-in at 1pm) Tee-hee~ I took a black taxi to the hotel and do you know the taxi fare was extremely exxxxpensive!! Guess how much???? Is 69 pounds!!!!  $&*^#@!* (Equals to MYR350 per trip) Damn it. There goes my 69 pounds got burned on my first day.

After checked-in, I took a nap in the hotel room because a long haul flight can really make your body get so exhausted. But one good thing was - NO jetlag. I thought I would fall sick but surprisingly I am all well now, except feeling headache on yesterday :) I was suppose to reach Ellis's apartment at 7pm but I over-napped, I jumped up from bed and get ready to leave as soon as possible. Luckily I had some experience travelling by train back in Singapore, therefore, I spent little time figured out the tube map and how to get to my destination - Hendon Central. Everyone was waiting at the dining table when I walk into the room and as usual, self-introduction is a must. After, the dinner started and we talk x laugh throughout the night. And it was my first time watching Sin Cities! (It is a x-rated TV programe showing naked men x women, example hosting a naked pole dancer in the club or silly friends do naked ice-skiing). Yeah you will keep shouting ''What The Hell'' or ''Ohhh My Goddddd''. Back to the countdown, we ended 2011 by welcoming our fabulous 2012 with champagne glass knocking and cheering to a brand new 2012!! Thank you & Goodbye to 2011, I am 30 this year!! OMG... My trade mark song for this year - ''I am not a girl, not yet a woman'' (pass me the mic please). LOL

The tube station was closed after 12 so Ellis suggested to stay overnight at her place since it was late. We had some chats and she shared her stories with me before we heading to bed. She's so much younger than me and I want to confess a thing, a person who leave their home to overseas at early age will eventually makes you grow stronger x tougher x independant. It was a reflection when talking to Ellis, just like me myself back in 20s.. (wow that's 10 years back) And now.. I am at my golden age (No it's not only the guy entitled it). Can you smell my woman's spirit?? (Flipping my hairs) Hahaha. Say YES or I am going to unfriend you in my Facebook.

I know who you are!! You you you & youuuuu.. !

Anyway, the 1.1.2012 is a good beginning to me. It was the day that I move into a place call home in London, the stress was finally relief once I got into my room, cleaned x decorated it and.... unpacked my stupid big fat 32kgs luggage!! hip hip hooray (For V-ictory) Every moment, I pray to God for good things in London, without my family, I have to make it through all by myself (I am feeling tired for the all-by-myself, sometimes). So bless me wherever I am or send me a guidance.

If you are planning to study in London or even upgrade youself with a short programe, and you are looking for a room? I would like to give you a hand, here is the website http://www.britanniatravel.com/halls.html which I got my current place in London. Quite a promising organisation and the person in charge is responsible too. Click on it and go to Accomodation colume, choose which type of room x zone that you are interested and best fit your budget. Kindly just send them an email and he/she will get back to you very soon (Public Holiday is excepted). I hope it helps or at least... give you an idea of the rates.

Now, I am more than happier to share my Part.1 photos taken in London. Due to first day's sickness, sorry that lovelocker can only took a few photos but more to come during my days in London k :)

Heathrow Airport to Hotel
Walking to Underground
Russell Square

Fireworks on TV
New Year Celebration
My Room




Bath Room
Living Room
Kitchen









2 comments:

  1. safe and soundly. i am glad it's a good start and gets to cuci mata. LOLs.

    don't worry about feeling alone miles away. think it brightly, you should enjoy every moment of it. through years of experience in SG, i am sure you will make it tru and paint it like a rainbow.

    till then, don't wanna PAINT too much here and keep it for our private conversation.

    love you and you know who xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearie,
    I know who you are!! You you you & youuuuu.. !
    Yes it's unfair that u know when countries like UAE, USA, China or Korea are mostly my footstep when I read your blog. Hehehe
    It's no problem for u at all to stay in London I am sure. The only challenge for even me today is the cold weather, other than that, London is just a lovely cities for the young people. Soon your 'English' accent will change :)
    Our crew hotel is near to the airport like 10 mins. So if I am coming from my flight, I will take oyster card to visit u in the city. I am still waiting the day to come. Praying hard!
    I foreseen my FEB is gonna be a few flights only cause of my leave. So every end of the month I will report to u when I got my London flight ya.

    will read your blog again, of course we will support and agree with all your opinion, pls don't unfriend us on FB

    always,
    Sier Yar (Dubai)

    ReplyDelete